Maidenhead & District Chamber of Commerce
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does my business have to be based in Maidenhead?
- In order to qualify for membership you must be located in OR provide goods or services in the District Area of: Maidenhead, Bourne End, Bray, Cookham, Burnham or Taplow.
- Are there any commitments I have to make?
- All services are optional, the only commitment is the annual membership fee.
- Do I have to attend any networking events?
- All networking or business events are optional, you are not obliged to attend them, but they are a good way to meet other local business professionals and promote your business.
- When is The Guide Directory Published?
- The Guide is published in association with the Maidenhead Advertiser and is distributed to almost 40,000 businesses and residents in the area. The publication date is approximately March every year. Exact dates and deadlines will vary. Contact us for details.
- Do I have to recommend or buy services from other members?
- We provide a directory of local businesses to aid you, but you do not have to use them. Other Are you part of the Council? The Chamber is an independent not for profit organisation, made up of volunteers.
- Can an individual join?
- Independent traders, consultants, professionals and home business owners are all welcome to join.
- How many members does the Chamber have?
- The Chamber is made up of approximately 300 businesses in the area.
- I have multiple businesses in the area, can I have one membership?
- Only one business can be used for correspondence or listing in the guide. If you wish to list multiple businesses in the guide, each business requires Chamber membership.
- What types of businesses join?
- The Chamber membership is made up many businesses of different sizes, from small businesses, to major local employers. Approximately 70% are small businesses in the area.
- Are you focused on the Town Centre Only?
- A majority of press coverage is related to the town, but the Chamber is responsible for Maidenhead District, which incorporates Maidenhead, Bourne End, Bray, Cookham, Burnham & Taplow.
To find out more about the Chamber you can attend one of our many Networking events, hosted throughout the year. You will be able to experience first hand, how the Chamber works and also talk to existing members for feedback.